PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Evil Access Point / sslstrip

From: nils at hemmann.de (Nils)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:27:02 +0100

Hi,
I got a question on the LaFonera Tech Segment in episode 174.
When using sslstrip you suggest to use this iptables rule on the Fonera:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 443 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 80
having sslstrip listen on port 80

I'm working an evil AP script combining all these attacks using BT4 with
some additions and I'm using this iptables rule:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 10000
having sslstrip listen on port 10000

I got the impression that it is not necessary to pipe https traffic on
port 443 through sslstrip and that the session initiation on http port
80 is what sslstrip takes care of.

By the way, episode 173 inspired me to include the Social Engineering
Toolkit in my script. I wonder how that works out  ;-)

Nils