PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Google Apps for EDU

From: CDumont at nwnit.com (Cody Dumont)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 07:41:57 -0500

Greetings All,

I am curious to get your opinion on Google Apps For EDU.  My son's
school is moving to Google Apps for EDU.  While the cloud computing
concept is great idea, the cloud is not secure, mostly because the
school does not have direct control who has access to the data or is
able to protect my son's information.  For example the recent hotmail
account issues and the various phishing attacks which comprises the
google and yahoo accounts all the time.  I am preparing to write a
letter to school district explaining my reservations about using these
apps.  I am curious though to here what the pauldotcom community has
to say about this.  I am looking over the policies and such, which
Google Apps has posted for some legal loop holes and I will post the
information if Ifind any.

thanks to All

Note: This message and any attachments is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, legally privileged, confidential, and/or exempt
from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the original sender immediately by telephone or return email and destroy or delete this message
along with any attachments immediately.