PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Tools for password analysis

From: helliott at knology.net (helliott at knology.net)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:19:45 -0500

On Tue 09/12/01  6:00 AM , pauldotcom-request at mail.pauldotcom.com sent:
3. Re: Tools for password analysis (Francois Lachance)
(Albert R. Campa)

ppe seems like a good solution, just wondering how it has worked for
you?reliable? any issues?

We use this on a network of about 5500 users.  Most of these users are
authenticating with smartcards (PKI) so the PPE is relatively limited in its
scope to users and machines which are excepted from the smartcard requirements
for some reason.  We have had no complaints from users, but nearly all of the
users who are excepted from the smartcard requirement tend to be competent, techy
type users.  We have had no reliability issues with the tool, either.  We have
been using it for about 4 years now.

HTH

Herndon Elliott
Madison, Al