PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Adobe PDF Javascript

From: j2mccluggage at adelphia.net (Jody & Jennifer McCluggage)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:39:31 -0500

Thanks Tim.  We, like many others, have been struggling with making sure
that JavaScript is disabled in Reader/Acrobat.  We push out the registry
changes via GP and have educated end-users to not turn it on but I do
realize that if prompted as you described that the end user could simply
re-enable it.  Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the end user
from re-enabling JavaScript (maybe changing the permissions on the registry
key?).  It appears (unless I read it wrong) that this blacklisting tool
works on a case-by-case basis and will not universally disable JavaScript.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Jody