PaulDotCom mailing list archives

CVE-2009-3555 and PCI Compliance

From: tkrabec at gmail.com (Tim Krabec)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:54:29 -0500

I'd say try that in a lab then see what happens & sell the fix back to the
vendor.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 5:09 AM, Monkey Daemon <
monkeywebdaemon at googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I've been speaking to a family member over the weekend who works in a
similar line of work to myself and we got to talking about PCI
Compliance.

He's just had a quarterly scan performed and he failed it owing to the
issues with Session Negotiation when using SSL/TLS.  The problem he
has is that he's running Linux and not only has his distro not
released packages for OpenSSL 0.9.8l but the distro vendor is refusing
to issue a patch stating that as its an issue with the underlying
protocol there is no point.

Does anyone have a fix to this other than "compile your own SSL with
negotiation switched off and hope nothing breaks"?

I'm now concerned that when our scan comes around early next year we
will also fail.

Cheers,

MWD.