PaulDotCom mailing list archives

ngrep not showing packets

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 06:15:10 +0000

I was missing the -t. I assumed that with just the port filter I would
get results. So this gives just #s

ngrep  'dst port 80' -I x.cap

but then

ngrep  -t '' 'dst port 80' -I x.cap

gives results

Collecting loads of data at the moment so going to try to write some
good filters and scripts to parse through it to see what info I can
get.

BTW, I am running this version in case it makes a difference: ngrep:
V1.45, $Revision: 1.93 $

Thanks for all the replies.

Robin