PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Password manager

From: k41zen at live.co.uk (k41zen at live.co.uk)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:34:40 +0100

mmmm 1Password seems the favorite so far as there are apps for the Mac
and the iPhone and has great reviews.
When I'm with/using another device/OS I will have either the MBP with
me or the iPhone although sync'ing the
password database wirelessly between the MBP and the iPhone scares me
and isn't something I want to do.

I like the idea of having the data in as few places as I can get away
with. Securing it as best I can in one location
is far better than having multiple copies everywhere. Which leads me
to what I was leaning to anyway - centrally
storing the password database and then VPN'ing in to access it.

Anyone know if I can re-locate the password databases with the options
suggested so far and access them through
an installed app on the MBP and the iPhone version?