PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Defcon 17 Attendees

From: mick at pauldotcom.com (Michael Douglas)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:43:09 -0400

Also if you really haven't flown in a while, you're going to have to
deal with the 3-1-1 rule.
http://www.tsa.gov/311/
Ugh. Security theater at it's best.

If you do take the taxi bus, understand that you'll likely be waiting
at the airport for up to 15 min. or so while the bus fills up to what
the driver or company is willing to drive.  It can be frustrating when
you just want to go and play!  Also buying round trip isn't that great
a deal... when I went in June for the pen-test summit, it saves you
like a buck.  But hey you know it is a buck (see next paragraph)

Eating cheaply is dead easy on the section of strip DEFCON happens at.
 Why just across the street at Slots-o-Fun you can get a quarter pound
hot dog for $1.  Riviera has a food court that last time I was in it
(a few years ago) seriously reminded me of a shopping mall food court.
 If you want to eat healthy it can be a bit more challenging.  The
cheapest healthy stuff I've found is by being highly selective at
Mexican restaurants.  Grilled chicken fajitas for instance...

Let us know if you have other questions.  I think I might have another
calling in the wings... The traveling hacker.

- M