PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Defcon 17 Attendees

From: jim.halfpenny at gmail.com (Jim Halfpenny)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:44:11 +0100

2009/7/10 Michael Douglas <mick at pauldotcom.com>

Circus Circus is about as ghetto as the Riv, but it has the added
"benefit" of a creepy clown theme.

And don't be fooled by the whole circus act thing. 3 minutes per hour of
pretty good performance and then it's back to gambling and drinking
margheritas. We stayed there on our honeymoon tour de America; main (and
possibly only) motivation was price.

Also there's a slew of folks who
actually believed the whole "Vegas is family friendly" bundle of lies
(it's not!)

Nope. Unless you think the flyers for prostitutes handed out freely on the
strip equates to family fun.

That said for $35 a night, it's worth staying... just go realizing
it's a dive and you'll be fine.

I don't mind walking places and Circus Circus is well placed; just about any
decent venue on the strip is within 20 mins walk. Just don't do it in the
midday sun.

I'm not getting to any cons this year, but I wish you all well. Have a pint
for me.

Jim