PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Ideas doe recording presentations like Defcon 16

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 14:10:23 +0100

2009/8/5 Adrian Crenshaw <irongeek at irongeek.com>:
Thanks for the idea, and Camstudio can do much the same thing, but I'm
thinking something that can record from two video inputs so you don't have
to install anything on the speakers box. For some reason speakers at a
security conference object to having a guy that runs a hacker site install
software on their laptop, go figure. :) I have an RGB to S-Video converter,
and I can feed the s-video into a capture device I have. I've used a switch
box before to swap back and fourth, but it would be cool to do picture in
picture.

I spoke to Ted at one of the Shmoocons and asked why he videoed the
slides rather than taking them off the wire. He said it kept all the
video the same quality and looked better in the end.

Robin