PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Airport Fun : Queue Jumping

From: k41zen at live.co.uk (k41zen at live.co.uk)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:15:56 +0100

Everyone probably already knows this and I'm the last to discover it
but I found a way to jump the long boarding queue to get on the plane
quicker.

Just before the check-in desk opened I went up to the check-in staff
and asked them for an upgrade from economy class. I explained that we
were newly engaged and this would be a perfect ending to the perfect
holiday - blah blah blah. I was told to talk to the purser on board
the plane. I asked how I can distinguish them and when would be best
to approach them and the kind lady said that she would need to send me
on board before anyone else giving the staff on the plane enough time
to handle the query.

Check in opened, she called us forward, checked us in and then sent us
onto the plane before anyone else.

Up to you if you want to talk to the purser or not. No-one was
expecting us. I did find them in the end but declined the upgrade
offer due to the ridiculous $4,000 price tag.

Anyone else know any similar SE tricks?