PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Question about PCI audit results and reality....

From: joel.folkerts at gmail.com (Joel Folkerts)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:04:19 -0500

I would explain to management that PCI is simply a least common denominator
and should not be treated as the end-all, be-all to information security.
PCI merely attempts to address a minimum set of criteria that will mitigate
a large portion of the threats that your organization is facing. That being
said, it's unrealistic that any accreditation be able to address every
threat.

-Joel

"The path to hell is paved with good intentions."