PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Storage Security

From: gbugbear at gmail.com (Tim Mugherini)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:29:53 -0400

Some of the simplest approaches would be to air gap the storage network
(iSCSI), change password for modem access and use SSH v2 if necessary (i've
seen some major SAN vendors ask to leave the default password for remote
access - WarVOX anyone?), and put mgmt interface on on separate mgmt
network.

Also if any SAN to SAN replication is going to occur consider encryption
between units and separating that traffic as well

Just a quick brain dump from a network standpoint - hope this helps

Tim

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Karan Khosla - Sense of Security <