PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Credit Card Acceptance Over the Phone

From: djxfreedman at gmail.com (David Freedman)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:07:41 -0400

Hello.  Just wondering: is your client going to be doing touch tone or IVR
to process credit cards?  This makes a difference in the resposibility of
the merchant.  It sounds like they are going to do touch tone.  Check out
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/saq/instructions_dss.shtml#instructions
for
more information on merchant security obligations.  This merchant sounds
like a SAQ A merchant.
You might already know this but IVR is an automated credit card service and
touch tone is when the merchant takes the CC number and dials into a network
for an authorization number.

Hope this helps.
-Dave