PaulDotCom mailing list archives

P2P - Filter by Source IP Address

From: bjudd at synercomm.com (Brian Judd)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:29:35 -0500

Back in show 154, there was a great presentation on using P2P to
discover information.  One of the guys made a comment about using P2P
during penetration testing and audits to discover information leakage.
I am wondering what P2P clients are capable of displaying the source IP
address of the client sharing files or how I can do a P2P search for any
files coming from a particular source.

I have three class C blocks of public IP addresses that I would like to
determine whether any are being used to share files.

Thanks.

information and is intended only for the individual to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
this message and contact the sender. You are also hereby notified
that any review, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
message, or the taking of any action based on it, is prohibited.