PaulDotCom mailing list archives

How much wiping do you do? :)

From: tkrabec at gmail.com (Tim Krabec)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:33:56 -0400

Let's do a test, and end speculation.  Let's get a few "junk" drives, have a
few people wipe them, using some paranoid/non paranoid techniques,

then send the drives to some one else who will put on a few specific files,
a few word & excel docs, photos, a fake quickbooks files, some OS files,
what ever, wipe the drives using a series of techniques 1 with the single
pass, one with a multi over write, etc

then send the drive to people like me, or other volunteers who will then try
to recover the data, I'd recommend using different software.  Then we'll
post the results.

Something just does not feel right about a single over write.

--
Tim Krabec
Kracomp