PaulDotCom mailing list archives

security concerns with cable splitters

From: NSweaney at tulsacash.com (Nathan Sweaney)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 15:10:18 -0500

All sensitive data is encrypted, but I'm concerned that if the attacker
is able to intercept/inject packets, he could infiltrate the system
using something like BeEF of any old exploit that would then let him
pivot & attack the data from the inside before it gets encrypted.

Also, while this particular occasion prompted the question, I'm also
interested just in general.  If I tap into my coax at home in front of
my modem, can I see anything?  How would I go about trying?  Can my
neighbors view my stuff?