PaulDotCom mailing list archives

your log management tools of choice?

From: nberthaume at gmail.com (Nicholas B.)
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:57:16 -0400

Tim,

As far as platforms I've currently got it running or had data exported
to it from system logs Redhat EL/CentOS, Windows XP-2008, FreeBSD,
Solaris and HP-UX as well build environments and application logs on
those platforms.  The main focus of what we look for with Splunk are
the results form automated unit testing software builds and
installation of packages for those platforms where it can interpret
exceptions and give us an idea of when issues cropped from new code or
changes in those platforms.  While thats not primarily for systems
operations it does include that data in order to best consider the
performance requirements on the various platforms we support with the
software.