PaulDotCom mailing list archives

iframe injection question

From: christopher.riley at r-it.at (christopher.riley at r-it.at)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:11:33 +0200

Although I agree in principle that users will almost always click the YES
button to anything that comes up, it's sometimes hard to explain that to
management as they want to believe that their staff are somehow different
to normal people. The arguement that often appears is that the company has
conducted security awareness training, therefore the average user would
never click YES blindly. We all know however, that it's a natural reaction
to click through without reading the alert box.

What you could try, and I'm no expert here, is to pull up an iframe
containing secure content (whatever doesn't put up the warning box), then
using javascript, edit the contents of the iframe to insert your desired
code directly. This should bypass the warning as you're initially loading
an HTTPS page, but then you're deleting the contents (or not) and replacing
it with your own code.

Just out of interest, what are you putting into the iframe ? BeEF ? loading
a malicous PDF etc ???

Chris