PaulDotCom mailing list archives

exception handling

From: brianwgray at gmail.com (Brian Gray)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 09:49:04 -0500

    A cheap and simple, short term solution (depending on your email
infrastructure) may be something like a change management email group that
dumps to a public folder (restricted view / post permissions of course).
Once an address is configured you can then send a standardized (by you)
email listing your changes, to what, and why the changes were made to your
address and then it is time stamped and lists who made the change it's
backed up with the rest of your email system. This makes them search-able as
well. A similar scheme could be done within something like Microsoft Share
point which would also add revision control etc.

In any event, a few searches on the interwebs for "change management
control" will start throwing all kinds of ideas your way.