PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Email Management

From: marv at madmarvonline.com (Mad Marv)
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 08:27:42 -1000

E-mail is one part of the time management problem.  I practice GTD
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done) reasonably well to
keep all the stuff in my life from bogging me down.  The overflowing
inbox problem is addressed by practicing Inbox zero.  Once you process
and purge the Inbox, GTD will help you keep your work on track.

Marv

Brian Seel wrote:
As a recent college graduate who is wide eyed and ready to get out into
the big world and revolutionize everything (atleast, thats what I think
now), I have noticed that one of the biggest problems that many security
people have is email. While my experience is limited to a handful of
internships and my interactions with people I am interviewing with, it
seems like everyone has way too much email and it takes away from their
ability to do their job.

So do you have any tips to get the information out while still having
time to do your job?

As a follow up, how do you manage your time to keep up with news and
podcasts? Seems like that alone could take up all of your time before
you could even start to do anything.