PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Infragard

From: irongeek at irongeek.com (Adrian Crenshaw)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 07:12:31 -0500

Thanks, I'm already a member of the Louisville area ISSA. A lost of it's
members are in Infragard which is how I found out about the organization.

Adrian

2009/2/19 <mattnels at gmail.com>

 Infragard is good for networking and depending on the chapter they can
provide decent technology contacts.  However, Infragard (since 9/11) has
grown beyond the IT world to critical infrastructure which includes
agriculture, transportation, etc....  So you may end up learning/talking
about stuff, though infromative, you have no interest in.   I have found
InfraGard to be wonderful for the networking and getting involved in
state/local emergency management preparedness across a lot of industries.
To get the most out of InfraGard you have to put some time into it though,
being a spectator limits the experience I believe.

If you are looking strictly for a strictly IT Security related
organization, look for an ISSA chapter in your area. ISSA is much more geek
friendly....