PaulDotCom mailing list archives

snort and honeyd

From: david.grubers at gmail.com (David Grubers)
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 13:24:22 -0500

Paul,

By bridged mode, do you mean snort_inline, or some other functionality
that I am overlooking? I set HOME_NET to the entire /24 (which I do
have control of) but I seem to only get warnings for the host's IP. Do
I need to use snort_inline so I can get data from the iptables queue,
or does plain-old snort have the functionality to do what I want and I
just haven't configured it right?

Joe, thanks for your ideas. HOME_NET is correct, and I am in the
process of checking out the honeynet project, which is what I assume
you were referring to (honeywall is for true honeynets, whereas honeyd
just emulates hosts).

David