oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: mmap vulnerability in motion eye video4linux driver for Sony Vaio PictureBook

From: <zrlw () sina com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:02:52 +0800

yes, i found the pl and  sent to the maintainer mchehab () kernel org and linux-media mail list  linux-media () vger
kernel org last week, the last one  boudanced me with something like 'Your address is not liked source for email'
blah...
i don't have Sony Vaio PictureBook, so i just check the souces and docs again.

/usr/src/packages/BUILD/kernel-default-4.4.21/linux-4.4/Documentation/video4linux/v4l2-framework.txt:
'The v4l2_file_operations struct is a subset of file_operations. The main
difference is that the inode argument is omitted since it is never used.'
# ls /dev/video0crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 0 Jul 11 08:14 /dev/video0
commit be83bbf80682 file_mmap_size_max check conditions:1. S_ISREG(inode->i_mode) 2. S_ISBLK(inode->i_mode)3.
file->f_mode & FMODE_UNSIGNED_OFFSET
I doubt which one will be true.