oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: mmap vulnerability in motion eye video4linux driver for Sony Vaio PictureBook

From: Greg KH <greg () kroah com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 15:39:01 +0200

On Sat, Jul 07, 2018 at 12:09:37AM +0800, zrlw () sina com wrote:
I  sent a email to the original authors which i found in the head of
meye.c, but i don't receive any response util now.

Always use the scripts/get_maintainer.pl tool to find who to send stuff
like this to.  It will include a public mailing list or two.

I don't think
commit be83bbf80682  will work on this case, this driver derived from
v4l2-core which not use inode,  maybe i'm wrong.

I think you are wrong, but it would be great if you could test to verify
it or not.

thanks,

greg k-h