oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: How to deal with reporters who don't want their bugs fixed?

From: Igor Seletskiy <i () cloudlinux com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 06:04:11 -0800

Hi Greg,

I am sure you are right, as you were in the epicenter of it and saw things
happening. More than that -- I am really thankful to a group of people who
worked on fixing it for months to get us where we are. Don't get me wrong -
in no way, I am blaming anyone.

Yet, KAISER patch & especially patch from AMD to the mailing list created a
lot of rumors, that I believe forced earlier disclosure -- because things
got into 'semi-public' state.
I might be wrong, I don't have all the info, and I am sure that people who
were at the center of it have a better understanding of what & why happened.

Regards,
Igor Seletskiy |  CEO
CloudLinux OS <https://cloudlinux.com/cloudlinuxos>   |   KernelCare
<https://www.cloudlinux.com/kernelcare>   |   Imunify360