oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: How to deal with reporters who don't want their bugs fixed?

From: Greg KH <greg () kroah com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 14:58:37 +0100

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 05:22:58AM -0800, i () cloudlinux com wrote:
We have seen "semi-public" with Meltdown -- I think it was dreadful. I
would prefer private to "semi-public" any day.

Meltdown was not semi-public, it was private and siloed and a whole
bunch of other horrible things.  If it were semi-public, we would have
had it fixed sooner :)

And yes, a number of us involved are probably going to be writing up a
post-mortum of that whole horrid affair, feel free to let me know if
anyone wants to help out with it.  I think it's a great example of what
not to ever do in the future...

thanks,

greg k-h