oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump 4.9.2 is fully available

From: Leo Famulari <leo () famulari name>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 16:50:51 -0400

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 04:08:21PM +0200, Levente Polyak wrote:
On September 14, 2017 3:04:43 PM GMT+02:00, Solar Designer <solar () openwall com> wrote:

September 7 - an Arch Linux developer (who is not on (linux-)distros
and
apparently was not aware of the distros list discussion) brings the
issue to oss-security (it's unclear to me how that person knew of the
September 25 initial CRD); I approve that message right away

Leo Famulari has posted this here, and he is not affiliated with Arch
Linux. AFAIK he is involved in the GNU Guix project.

That's correct, I was informed of the upcoming 4.9.2 release as part of
my work on Guix security. I'm not involved with Arch.

When the embargo failed, I notified oss-security immediately. I did not
contact the distros lists because Guix is not represented on those
lists.