oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: MySQL - use-after-free after mysql_stmt_close()

From: Brian May <brian () linuxpenguins xyz>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 08:20:40 +1000

Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com> writes:

Should we assign CVEs for code examples/documentation? E.g. We assign CVEs
for code shipped to people in digital form. Why not assign CVEs for code in
documentation or commonly used examples? We can go with the rational that
CVEs get assigned to the affected code bases (e.g. when someone implements
that documentation/code), but it might also be good to educate the
community about bad examples/documentation/etc.

For a prior example, in this case of documentation suggesting insecure
configuration, see:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2015/03/28/7

I note that the documentation still has the bad example listed, with no
indication that this is bad.

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/guide.html#Access Control Examples
--
Brian May <brian () linuxpenguins xyz>