oss-sec mailing list archives

RE: MITRE is adding data intake to its CVE ID process

From: "Williams, Ken" <Ken.Williams () ca com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 23:39:41 +0000

Tim,

Your perception is incorrect.  I can assure you there is no
CVE-related bias whatsoever towards commercial software, or against
OSS.  Never has been any CVE-related bias against OSS, and I can't
imagine there ever will be.

I'm a big OSS fan and advocate, and although I will only speak for
myself, I'd be willing to bet that everybody else involved with the
CVE project is too.

As far as sending copies of CVE web form submissions to oss-sec, or
posting anywhere else, keep in mind that much of that info needs to
be embargoed until a vendor security advisory is published.

Regards,
Ken Williams