oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Local DoS: Linux Kernel EXT4 Memory Corruption / SLAB-Out-of-Bounds Read

From: John Haxby <john.haxby () oracle com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 11:29:20 +0000

On 03/02/17 05:52, Wade Mealing wrote:
Mounting a crafted EXT4 image read-only leads to a memory corruption and
SLAB-Out-of-Bounds Reads (according to KASAN).  Since the mounting
procedure is a privileged operation, an attacker is probably not able
to trigger this vulnerability on the commandline.
Instead the automatic mounting feature of the GUI via a crafted
USB-device is required.

From full disclosure at:

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2016/Nov/75

If it has been assigned elsewhere, I am unable to see it.

The bugzilla link from the above isn't accessible.  Are we missing any
useful information?

jch