oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Browsing and attaching images considered harmful in Linux

From: Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil () debian org>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 11:01:13 +0200

Hi

On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 09:13:05PM +0200, Gustavo Grieco wrote:
Fortunately, this issue is already solved in the last revision of
librsvg2 (AFAIK, this issue has no CVE, so please MITRE assign one if
suitable). Nevertheless, I reported such vulnerability to Mozilla more
than a month ago hoping that they will disable the svg support in the
open/attach widget. After some discussion, it was marked as WONTFIX.
While i understand why, i still feel it can be productive to discuss
this here.

If I correctly bisected with the reproducer, then the fix should be
around
https://git.gnome.org/browse/librsvg/commit/?id=0035e95118a60c0cd3949c2300472d805e16a022
(2.40.7).

If anyone can confirm that would be great.

Regards,
Salvatore