oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: Use-after-free in Linux kernel with aufs mmap patch

From: sfjro () users sourceforge net
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 07:08:18 +0900

sfjro () users sourceforge net:
Ben Hutchings:
The aufs (Advanced Union Filesystem) project provides an optional patch
for the Linux kernel, called either aufs3-mmap.patch or
      :::
I posted a patch here that works for me:
http://sourceforge.net/p/aufs/mailman/message/34449209/

Please assign a CVE ID to this.

I know this is a bug but I don't have time to fix it or test your patch.
        :::
I have no objection to assign a CVE ID, but I don't think it is fixed or
at least I didn't confirmt yet.

Mainly to oss-security people,

FYI, I confirmed that Ben Hutchings' patch is correct and fixed the
problem. Actually I've released aufs officially after applying his patch.

J. R. Okajima