oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: list policy (Re: Truly scary SSL 3.0 vuln to be revealed soon:)

From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf () coredump cx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:07:33 -0700

It could be because they're hosted at Security Focus, whose mailserver
could best be described as erratic.

Possibly. I've been having my posts to the list dropped for many
months, unable to get ahold of anyone who could fix or diagnose the
problem. I eventually figured out that cross-posting to BUGTRAQ and
F-D causes the posts to end up in their spam folder. If that's true
for everybody, that's hilarious.

But even if I don't cross-post, it usually takes 3+ days for things to
go through, and the number of bounces you get in response is the worst
I've ever seen on the list.

/mz