oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: list policy (Re: Truly scary SSL 3.0 vuln to be revealed soon:)

From: Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan () mccme ru>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:47:02 +0300

On 2014-10-15 12:30, Solar Designer wrote:
- Please don't send fully working exploits (but testcases that exercise
the flaw are welcome)

FWIW, I've always been tempted to remove the latter guideline,

Then perhaps just remove it? It always seemed to me a strange restriction. Other guidelines are either technical in nature or they are intended to reduce the amount of noise. This restriction seems to be neither.

Of you can replace it with something like this:
- Please only send fully working exploits which themselves are open-source.

--
Alexander Cherepanov