oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: strings / libbfd crasher

From: Hanno Böck <hanno () hboeck de>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 22:18:50 +0200

I've checked the upstream patch they pointed me to:
https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=bd25671c6f202c4a5108883caa2adb24ff6f361f

Unfortunately this mixes in another change that is a revert, so it
doesn't apply cleanly to the current release (2.24), if anyone needs it
I've re-diffed it:
https://files.hboeck.de/binutils-2.24-fix-crash.diff

This fixes the original stringme and strinmetoo from mancha, but not
the latest sample von Michal:

Am Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:10:31 -0700