oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Healing the bash fork

From: Ed Prevost <me () edwardprevost info>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 08:27:24 -0700

On 9/30/2014 6:41 AM, Kobrin, Eric wrote:
"innocuous looking setuid program" made my day ;)
We should take care not to blame all and everything to bash.
I don't find that blame is a useful tool for fixing security problems. What's more interesting to me is: what system
components are in a position to help. If a change in bash can make a bunch of "innocuous looking setuid programs" not
be  vectors for the import of malicious functions, let's do it.

+1 and I swear I'm not some groupie fan-boy paid by Eric.