oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Request for linux-distros list membership

From: Seth Arnold <seth.arnold () canonical com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:41:07 -0700

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:25:54AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
The distros and linux-distros lists exist as an addition to
oss-security.  It is pointless for a distro to be on
distros/linux-distros while not also being on oss-security.  Granted,
Anthony has just joined oss-security (welcome!), yet the sudden interest
in advance notification while apparently not caring about timely
notification (on just-made-public issues) just a week ago is suspicious.

Amazon's interest here isn't sudden; when I intereviewed with Amazon
roughly two years ago, it was for more or less this role, security work
for the Amazon Linux AMI. At the time I recommended building a history of
security bulletins and publicly contributing to fixes and discussions. At
least the security bulletins has happened.. :)

Sadly I can't speak to any of the specific team members; I don't recall
any of the names currently under discussion.

Thanks