oss-sec mailing list archives

RE: Re: SWFUpload <= (Object Injection/CSRF) Vulnerabilities Multiple flaws

From: "Christey, Steven M." <coley () mitre org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 21:33:21 +0000

Andrew Nacin said:

So, CVE-2013-4145 is a duplicate of CVE-2012-3414, *not* of CVE-2012-2399.

OK, thanks for the clarification.  I found some additional clarity in your announcement of the SWFUpload fork:
http://make.wordpress.org/core/2013/06/21/secure-swfupload/

That said, given that CVE-2012-2399 was not publicly described at the
time, I would not be surprised if one or more CVEs have been issued
for the same XSS via buttonText at one point.

Oh, me neither.  Think I ran across a couple examples already.

- Steve