oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: Debian's package "mysql-server" leaks credential information

From: gremlin () gremlin ru
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:26:30 +0400

On 08-Jun-2013 13:28:28 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

That's not a security issue, but a misconfiguration
I consider this a security bug in the debian package's maintainer
scripts: it is a race condition that leaks confidential information

Package post-install scripts are closer to configuration.

(alas, very common for Deb*an packages)
If you know of more bugs like this, please report them with an
e-mail to submit () bugs debian org with the first line "Package:
FOO" (where "FOO" is replaced by the name of the buggy package).
Thanks!

I know lots (even for MySQL, which we are discussing, I can recall
at least mysqldump producing trash, or several replication issues),
but I don't want to waste my time.

P.S.: http://pics.rsh.ru/img/debipoke_demo_itnrnj4r.png :-)

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin <gremlin ПРИ gremlin ТЧК ru>
GPG key ID: 0xEF3B1FA8, keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net