oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Request for linux-distros () vs openwall org membership

From: Tomas Hoger <thoger () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 11:17:15 +0100

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 11:09:44 -0700 Kurt Seifried wrote:

pub   2048R/5DA060C7 2012-11-05
Premchand Koneru<pkoneru () mvista com>

This is first time I heard about Montavista. Where is your package-
and bug-tracker? Does Montavista use CVE?

There has been a previous discussion of Montavista's membership in the
list:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.oss.general/4650/focus=4817

Also how do we confirm you are on the security team there? I can't
even find proof you work for Montavista (other than the email address)
and I can't find any mention of a person called "Premchand Koneru"
doing security work in the past.

An explicit signed ack/nack from the existing Montavista subscriber
sounds reasonable here, at least to confirm Premchand is really a
member of their security team.

--
Tomas Hoger / Red Hat Security Response Team