oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: F5 FirePass SSL VPN 4xxx Series | Arbitrary URL Redirection

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 19:38:36 +0400

Tim,

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 03:24:34PM +0100, Tim Brown wrote:
I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong in stating this.  But oss-security
is for the discussion of previously disclosed issues that affect F/OSS.  There
are doubtless some edge cases but I don't believe that the discussion of an
issue relating to BIG-IP F5s (a commerical, closed source product) has any
relevance to the oss-security list.   Please try and ensure you only email
this list when you require action from F/OSS developers and/or distributions.

Thank you for pointing this out!  I was under impression that YGN
Ethical Hacker Group knew what this list was for, after they had made
multiple on topic postings in the past.  Some [smaller] router firmware
is in fact Open Source.

I'm sorry that, as a list moderator, I let YEHG's original posting and a
follow-up through.  We'll reject further postings to this thread, unless
there are any on list policies and such rather than on the off-topic
vulnerability.

Alexander