oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Stripe Capture the Flag

From: Thanh Nguyen <rd () vnsecurity net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:10:23 +0700

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Solar Designer <solar () openwall com> wrote:
As a moderator for oss-security, I hesitated about approving the posting
above, but I decided to give it a try so that list members and not
moderators can decide whether such postings are welcome or not (for
future occasions).  As previously discussed, we're currently rejecting
conference and e-magazine CFPs, as well as e-magazine issue
announcements.  In a way, CTF announcements are similar, however they
might be less frequent (although this might change if we become known
for approving them for distribution).  Another aspect is Open Source
relevance.  I guess most CTFs are Open Source relevant, but they may
lack sufficient Open Source focus for this list.

-1

While I love to play CTF, I think this kind of CTF announcement is an
off-topic for this list.

cheers,

--rd