oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Stripe Capture the Flag

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 23:45:52 +0400

Hi all,

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:01:27PM -0700, John Collison wrote:
We built a wargame around web security vulnerabilities. The nine
levels are built atop fairly standard web software stacks, with
increasingly tricky exploits required, and a special-edition t-shirt
at the end. It's as much for fun and education as anything else. Would
love to have you play!

Link: https://stripe-ctf.com
Blogpost: https://stripe.com/blog/capture-the-flag-20

As a moderator for oss-security, I hesitated about approving the posting
above, but I decided to give it a try so that list members and not
moderators can decide whether such postings are welcome or not (for
future occasions).  As previously discussed, we're currently rejecting
conference and e-magazine CFPs, as well as e-magazine issue
announcements.  In a way, CTF announcements are similar, however they
might be less frequent (although this might change if we become known
for approving them for distribution).  Another aspect is Open Source
relevance.  I guess most CTFs are Open Source relevant, but they may
lack sufficient Open Source focus for this list.

Please help us decide.

Thanks,

Alexander