oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: kernel: hvc_console: Fix race between hvc_close and hvc_remove

From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley () linus mitre org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:44:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, dann frazier wrote:

i see that hvc_console is disabled by default in the debian kernels,

Actually, upon review, I see that it is enabled (see the powerpc64
image). Therefore, I'd like to request a CVE ID for it.

Use CVE-2010-2653

Let's ignore the default case. If there's a feature that's available to some set of users, no matter how small, then CVE assignment is reasonable, even if it's not the default. It's not much different than if you have an issue that only affects a particular chip set or compiler.

- Steve