oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE requests: LibTIFF

From: Josh Bressers <bressers () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:49:10 -0400 (EDT)

----- "Dan Rosenberg" <dan.j.rosenberg () gmail com> wrote:

There are three issues that I think are CVE-worthy and have not been
assigned:

Thanks for the help Dan. Here goes:

1.  OOB read in TIFFExtractData() leading to crash (no reference,
originally disclosed by me in this thread, fixed upstream with
release
3.9.4 and security fix backported by Ubuntu).

CVE-2010-2481

2.  NULL pointer dereference due to invalid td_stripbytecount leading
to crash (distinct from CVE-2010-2443).  The upstream changelog entry
for 3.9.4 reads:

      * libtiff/tif_ojpeg.c (OJPEGReadBufferFill): Report an error and
      avoid a crash if the input file is so broken that the strip
      offsets are not defined.

CVE-2010-2482

3.  OOB read in TIFFRGBAImageGet() leading to crash.  Reference:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tiff/+bug/591605

CVE-2010-2483

Thanks.

--