oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request -- PHP strrchr() Interruption Information Leak Vulnerability

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:33:45 +0200

hi,

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Josh Bressers <bressers () redhat com> wrote:

----- "Péter Veres" <moltesalt () gmail com> wrote:

Hi Steve,

PHP’s strrchr() function can be interrupted and used for information
leakage due to call time pass by reference.

Could you allocate a CVE id for this issue?

Do you have some sort of reference for this? I'm not finding anything in the
usual places.

I'll assign an ID once I have more information.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks to me that it is related to the
MOPS 18-40, which are actually the same issue.

Cheers,
--
Pierre