oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request - kernel: ima: fix null pointer dereference

From: Greg KH <greg () kroah com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 08:15:32 -0800

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:09:23AM +0800, Eugene Teo wrote:
On 02/09/2010 11:56 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 09:30:48AM +0800, Eugene Teo wrote:
Was cc'ed this in a couple of kernel mailing lists.

This was introduced in 6c21a7fb4 (v2.6.33-rc1).

Do we need CVE numbers for issues that never showed up in a released
kernel version?  I don't see how this could affect anyone, unless they
were foolish enough to ship a product on a non-released kernel :)

You got a point there, but I requested this in order to keep track
of security issues that we might need to backport in our future
kernels.

Fair enough, that makes sense.  Although anyone backporting ima code
needs to seriously consider the lunacy of what they are doing :)

good luck,

greg k-h