oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request - kernel: ima: fix null pointer dereference

From: Eugene Teo <eugene () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 00:09:23 +0800

On 02/09/2010 11:56 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 09:30:48AM +0800, Eugene Teo wrote:
Was cc'ed this in a couple of kernel mailing lists.

This was introduced in 6c21a7fb4 (v2.6.33-rc1).

Do we need CVE numbers for issues that never showed up in a released
kernel version?  I don't see how this could affect anyone, unless they
were foolish enough to ship a product on a non-released kernel :)

You got a point there, but I requested this in order to keep track of security issues that we might need to backport in our future kernels.

Eugene
--
Eugene Teo / Red Hat Security Response Team