oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: update on CVE-2008-5718

From: Thomas Biege <thomas () suse de>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:21:57 +0100

Hello Nico,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:32:07AM +0100, Nico Golde wrote:
Hi,
I just did a security update for CVE-2008-5718 and since the
description is not really verbose I thought I'd share what I
found in case anyone else is working on that.
Cheers
Nico
P.S. The patch I used can be found on:
http://people.debian.org/~nion/nmu-diff/netatalk-2.0.3-11_2.0.3-11+lenny1.patch

I am not very happy with the patch because it just filters a handful of
characters, a better solution would be to replace popen().
(I mentioned this on the netatalk-devel ML but got no answer so far.)

--
Bye,
     Thomas